WAW Handplanes is proud to present our collaboration with local Indigenous artist Zachary Bennett-Brook, of Saltwater Dreamtime. Zac's works represent the many shades of our beautiful NSW coastline and help to tell the story of sustainable interaction with our oceans. Each handplane is unique and hand-painted in Wollongong, Sydney.
This collaboration is part of our commitment to local, Australian production and artistry, as well as being a part of our One Handplane One Tree promise
The dreamtime Fish is a small fast handplane designed for medium to large and hollow wave days.
- Deep concave for maximum lift and stability
- Sharp rails for holding power and maneouverablity
- Rockered entry for maximum lift and splash reduction
- Fully adjustable recycled neoprene strap system
The best handplane shape for the barrel seeker.
Made from environmentally friendly Australian grown paulownia timber, it is extremely light making for an entirely natural swimming stroke and simply feels like and extension of your hand.
- medium - Large, steeper waves
- More experienced bodysurfers
- Also doubles as a great size for kids
Dimensions : 300mm x 190mm x 20mm
Weight: Approx 350 grams
Leashes are recommended for use on busy beaches, big/heavy waves or for small children. For general surfing use, it is fine without a leash.